Sunday, April 21, 2013


The 3rd one


In this chapter Siddhartha and his best friend Govinda go looking for the perfect one the: “Buddha”.  When they get to the town and the nice lady points them in the right direction they spend a whole lot of time with him. They both admire him and think he is the most correct person there is Pg 27 (I did not doubt you for one moment). When Govinda paid allegiances as reader I also expected Siddhartha to do it. After all he had been satisfies with the Buddha’s teachings and stories.  This was an important part of the book because it is when the two friends finally separate. I have had that felling to many times. When I play golf I meat new friends from al over the world some of them I consider my best friends. I am sure it is a lot easier know a day thanks to all the technology and all that I can keep in touch, but back in those day it was a bye for ever or wasn’t it? I am almost sure that Govinda is going to eventually appear in the story again and make a big impact.


Later when Siddhartha is talking with the illustrious one and he tells him the reasons he is not staying I got much more confused. He really admires him and has no problem with him. Why is he leaving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment