The Journey Began
In the second chapter of Siddhartha everything happens
kind of Fast. It explains the little time he stays with the Samanas.
With them he practices respiration: “ Siddhartha sat
upright and learned to save his breath, to manage with little breathing, to hold
his breath. He learned, while breathing in, to lessen his heartbeats, until
there were few and hardly any more”(Pg 11). This connects in a strange way with
me because lately in important golf tournaments I have started to work with
breathing exercises to calm down. It is an old technique but its still
effective and we continue using it today.
After some time we can see how the boy starts to get
bored with the Samanas and he wants more knowledge. In the text we see how he
only wants useful things when he tells his friend “I have no desire to walk on
water, let the old Samanas satisfy themselves with such arts.” He later goes searching
for grater knowledge.
Later in the text when they talk about a homeless sage
or the Buddha it actually connects with Jesus. It keeps saying how he lived in
the forests, and how he is perfect, and how he goes from town to town and
everyone adores him and follows him. I am sure that next chapter is going to be
all about him and I will finally know who he really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment