In the first chapter
of Siddhartha they explain little bit about each character. Siddhartha is the
main and he is a brilliant and interesting little boy. He makes his parents and
friends (Govinda) happy, but he has not reached full happiness. He feels that
everything his relatives know they have already thought him, he wants to know
more. One day a group of Samanas came through town and he took the decision
that he wanted to go with them. After his father said no he had to show him how
strongly he wanted this so he stayed standing up all day. In the morning his
father had to let him go because he didn’t belong with them anymore.
Personally now a day I don't know someone so thirsty to knowledge that they have to go away in such a rush. Maybe it is because of all the distractions we have now a day, we never have time for classical activities like this. The boy, we can tell is really determined to his decisions this actually connects to my life right now because I want to go live in an academy in the U.S. but I have not been able to show my determination. If I tried to stay awake standing still all day after everyone is asleep I would give up because I don't have the same mind and conviction Siddhartha had.
At the end of the
chapter we saw how his friend Govinda came out of the blue does this mean he is
going to accompany the boy throughout his QUEST?

No comments:
Post a Comment